mgn studios

Postal Pleasantries



December 2o14
Joyful gold foil photo holiday cards. I had quite a lot of fun decorating the envelopes.


November 2o14


A Halloween Birthday present 2014


September 2o14
Late summer thank yous and hellos


June 2o14


June 2, 2o14-September 3, 2o14
Mementos from a memorable visit to Tuscany

May 16, 2o14
A surprise envelope personalization to the requestor herself 

Another envelope personalization request made out to Mikey, Julia's roommate.
An envelope personalization request made out to Gallie 
My accountant co-worker, Julia, had taken a liking to my quick envelope
artwork of decking out the recipient's name in a fun fancy creative way.

A Gold token of appreciation to the Letterpress Gods and Goddesses
our geeky rhyming limerick message to DiFPah
Valentine's Day



PSB Sample Kit envelope packages ready to go!

New Year's Holiday Cards 2014





July 2o13
PSB New envelope liner collection


May 2o13
Crossed skis & poles custom return address rubber stamp
April - May 2o13







Halloween 2o12
To celebrate this ghoulish time of year, I put together some little trinkets n' treats
for my friends Kimberly & Derek. With the recommendation from my friend & co-worker, Leah, to use our vintage lace scrap paper to make match books; I used them to cover match boxes enclosing a little toy or just matches. 



October 2o12
Typewriter custom return address rubber stamp from PSB's Degraw Street

October 2o12
Squirrel friends self-inking rubber stamp


September 2o12
A vibrant handwritten thank you note for an "overseas" handmade bag


September 2o12
Navy blue letter to Navy Fed
Hello note to Shana on a curry yellow envelope

September 4, 2o12

For a pregnant co-worker who would, ever-so-casually, proclaim her cravings during work,
"I want cake-chocolate cake.", I thought, what better gift to surprise her with than satisfy her craving request
with a special cake for her baby shower. When my other co-worker, Leah and I, began to make some plans, I followed up Erica's craving statement again with: "If you could have any cake right now, what cake would you want?" 
Voila! Amy's Bread Black & White Cake.


A fun 3-Dimensional cat lover birthday card and jewelry for a dear friend.

July 28, 2o12
Squish the chinchilla rubber stamp

July 7, 2o12
A thank you and farewell note to Hayley 

A May Birthday Celebrants Package to a dear friend across the seas.
My high school gal pal, Aishah, has a birthday in May too. She and her hubby Fird were expecting a baby boy so I included birthday gifts for him too. Zuhair was born on May 4th(we share the same birthday!)
Cherry Blossoms Postage Stamped letter



i got carried away and left out the "t" heehee


T-rex and triceratops nostalgic sibling valentine 2012



A Thousand Paper Crane Well Wishes
A suitable matching thank you note to their wedding invitations written at work to show our gratitude for the couple's business in choosing Lion to create their dream custom wedding invitation.


Thought I would touch base with Laetitia of whom I interned for at her studio in DUMBO working on a miniature set for her photoshoots. I saw this card at the shop and thought of her when we would start the work day with a cup of tea. There was this great teacup patterned paper at the shop too, that I thought would look great as the envelope liner to match the card. Also, I enclosed a mini sample replica of the French Fairytale Storybook wedding invitation I worked hard on to show what I've been up to since we last worked together.

This client's sample arrived in the mail today. So lovely! A hand-bejeweled sample of their wedding invitation I had the opportunity to illustrate and design for affixed with mini crystals and finished with a fleur de lis wax seal on the envelope. 
What a fun and sweet surprise to be greeted to a 
colorful tower of boxes when first walking in to work.
A Thank You gift from a lovely couple for whom I designed their

A little treat for a colleague's going away gathering

Oopsy Baby Congratulations letterpress card
Another awesome new greeting card arrived at the store.
My favorite Baby Congratulations card by Fugu Fugu Press.

Vintage Fish species paper by Cavallini Papers & Co.
Perfect for the fisherman in the family.
E for Ernie! and a gold roller ball/fountain pen for the penman from whom I got my penmanship. 
A musical card greeting
June 2o11
A$$ Clown letterpress card
I got a kick out of this card, along with my co-workers, when the card rep brought out this new line.



Rifle Paper Co. pack of Floral recipe cards





A Vintage fold out Easter card for a son
I purchased this great card for my mom to send to my brother. The resemblance is uncanny, hehe.








February 2o05



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pronounced (mahr-CHEH-la) with an invisible H. An observer, I see things that people do not always seem to capture in their initial glance unless intently watching and factoring in every analytical detail. When certain events occur before my eyes, I hold on to selective moments in fear that the moment might not happen again. Drawing inspiration from memories, dreams and revolving elements in daily life, I aspire to express a themed set of pieces based off this notion with interrelated characters, whether made-up or inspired by significant individuals. Raised on wanderlust and all made possible by a dynamic duo of a masterminder music aficionado of the turntables that keeps the dance floor, of all the young at heart, rockin’ ‘til the early morn with impeccable penmanship and the eye to be dapper debonair paired with his renaissance counterpart of whom shines with creativity and multi-talented brilliance that can fashion anything out of everything that she sets her mind to.

Résumé

Labels


Follow me on Behance

Instagram

LinkedIn

Followers